Questions/Concerns about Remote Teaching, Learning and Working at Michigan Ross?
Ross IT is here to help, please send any questions and/or concerns to RossITSupport@umich.edu and we will be sure to add them to our Frequently Asked Questions to better help and support the Michigan Ross Community for Remote Access.
- How do Faculty Teach from Home due to COVID-19?
Inform your department about your current status and work together to find the most appropriate solution for your scenario.
Use this Remote Access Resource Guide to find information regarding how to Teach and Work Remotely if possible. See Getting Started, Instructor Resources, and Recommendations for Staff. If you have more specific questions related to Remote Access please send them to RossITSupport@umich.edu
- What if Students need to report an illness due to COVID-19?
Students who miss class due to illness are required to inform their instructors as soon as possible. Please use the Class Absence Reporting to mark you absence accordingly.
When a student reports their illness through the site, their instructors and advisors are notified with the date the student began to miss classes. The notification does not constitute an excused absence. Students are expected, as soon as they are able, to contact each of their instructors regarding options for making up missed work and possibly providing documentation of their absence, if required by individual instructors.
Use this Remote Access Resource Guide to find information regarding how to participate in Class Remotely if possible. See Getting Started and Student Resources. If you have more specific questions related to Remote Access please send them to RossITSupport@umich.edu
- How do I troubleshoot bandwidth issues?
Visit ISP Bandwidth Troubleshooting for more tips on benchmarking your internet bandwidth and specific requirements for various conferencing solutions.
- Does the University Provide Zoom Video Conferencing Site-wide Licenses?
If you already have a Zoom License (Personal or Ross):
- Please Do Not sign up for a University license. If you do, you risk losing any courses, meetings, stored items, or settings you already have in your license of Zoom
- Please Do Not use Zoom to share PHI (Personal Health Information) or other sensitive data at this time
- Please keep using the Zoom license you have
- Please contact RossITSupport@umich.edu. We will assist you in transitioning to a University license.
If you don't have a Zoom License:
- Why can't my students see my Mediasite videos?
If you have shared your video through Mediasite and did not configure your permissions to allow others to see your video they will be unable to view your video. Please follow these instructions in order to change your Mediasite permissions to allow others to view your video.
- Are there any Teleconference Rooms I can use?
We have one dedicated room available for Faculty and Staff teleconferences. Please follow-up with the following contact to schedule time in this room:
- Tauber Colloquium, R6440
Ross Operations, Event Space Request Form
- Tauber Colloquium, R6440
- Can I start teaching my classes using the SmartStage Studio?
The SmartStage (White Light) Studio for class instruction will be closed while the executive order is in effect, please contact Ross-Studio@umich.edu for more information
What if I can't find an answer or solution?
Send us your Questions and Concerns and we will address them as soon as possible and update our FAQ.