U-M Child Care Subsidy
The University of Michigan offers the Child Care Subsidy to students to assist with the cost of child care of their young, dependent children. International students may qualify.
To align with the university's plans for a public-health informed fall semester, in which students will pursue their education through in person, hybrid, and/or remote formats, the university has temporarily changed eligibility criteria for the Child Care Subsidy beginning fall term 2020.
- For one child, the maximum is $3,028 per term
- For two children, the maximum is $4,439 per term
- For three or more children, award maximum is $5,852 per term
2020-2021 Maximums (Unlicensed Care)
- For one child, the maximum is $2,019 per term
- For two children, the maximum is $2,959 per term
- For three or more children, the maximum is $3,901 per term