You are here

Other Aid


Appointments for Graduate Student Research Assistantships, Graduate Student Assistants, Graduate Student Instructors and Graduate Student Staff Assistants are considered separately from the financial aid application process.  

General Appointment Information  

Graduate Student Appointment Postings

U-M Child Care Subsidy

The U-M Child Care Subsidy Program provides funds to students with children to assist in meeting the cost of licensed child care.  International students may qualify.

Budget Reevaluations

- Deadline has been extended for 2019 - 2020 -

All students receive financial aid based on an estimated cost of attendance (COA). The COA includes tuition and fees, books and supplies, housing, and personal/miscellaneous expenses. Expenses for family members cannot be included.

  • Sometimes the estimated COA does not realistically meet a student’s actual expenses. The budget reevaluation process assists in meeting these additional needs.
  • Budget reevaluations are accepted October 1 through April 1.  No budget reevaluations will be accepted after April 1.
  • Documentation is required for each expense you submit, and it takes approximately two to three weeks to process. You will receive an email when your budget reevaluation has been completed.
  • To qualify, submitted expenses must be for the current academic year. The submitted expenses must be school-related. Not all expenses are eligible. Examples of some excluded expenses include:  M-trek, car expenses, and recruiting expenses.
  • Additional loans may be borrowed to cover the increased budget expenses.  Please note that Ross Financial Aid has the authority to cap the total amount allowed in the budget reevaluation process.

Steps for completing the budget reevaluation process:

  1. Print the form. The 2019 - 2020 Ross Graduate Educational Expenses Worksheet.
  2. Complete the form.
  3. Attach supporting documentation as stated on the form.
  4. As of March 17, 2020, we are only accepting the form and documentation through email to  Be sure to include your UMID number. 

Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP)

The Ross Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) provides financial assistance to Ross graduates who are currently pursuing careers in nonprofit and public sector
organizations. Qualified applicants will receive financial assistance to help pay for a portion of Ross-related, need-based loan obligations while employed full-time in a position within the nonprofit or public sectors (subject to annual re-application, review, and approval).

The Ross School of Business Office of Financial Aid is a satellite office of the University of Michigan Office of Financial Aid.  Disclaimer.