Are you a Ross student who is approaching graduation? If so, please read the important information below regarding when and how to apply for graduation.
|Graduation Term||Last Day to Apply to Have Name Printed in University Commencement Program||Last Day to Apply to Have Degree Conferred|
|Fall (December)||TBA (typically mid-October)||Tuesday, December 13, 2016|
|Winter (April/May)||TBA (typically mid-February)||Tuesday, April 18, 2017|
|Summer (August)||TBA (typically mid-February)||Tuesday, August 16, 2016 (Tues, Aug 15, 2017)|
- Review degree requirements, rules and regulations, and complete a degree audit in Wolverine Access by selecting "Academic Requirements."
- You are strongly encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor if you have questions regarding graduation requirements. You can schedule an appointment here.
- BBA Students with minors should direct questions regarding minor requirements to their minor advisor. See BBA Students with Minors.
- Dual Degree Students: You must apply for each program separately. After you complete the application for one Program, return to the Student Business Page to apply for the next Program.
- BBA Students with Minors: If you are pursuing an academic minor, we will not graduate you unless our office has received official "minor release" documentation from your minor advisor. All minors must be declared and released prior to the end of your last term.
Exit Interviews: Graduating students who have borrowed through the Federal Direct Loan Program – Subsidized and Unsubsidized – are required by Federal Law to complete an “Exit Interview.” The Exit Interview requires a 25-30 minute online counseling session and quiz about managing loan debt. Graduating students are sent email notifications about six weeks before graduation.
Students who finish their program requirements may request to extend graduation until a later term. These students should discuss their plans with an Academic Advisor, and then apply for graduation in the desired term in Wolverine Access.
Please note the following:
- Any credits taken during the additional term(s) will count toward your degree and be added to your final total Credits Toward Program (CTP).
- Any grades received during the additional term(s) will be factored into your final GPA and degree honors in the same way as previous terms.
If you apply and are approved to graduate in December, but then belatedly decide you would like to continue taking classes here at Ross, please note the following:
- You may request to return to Ross for the Winter term as a 'Non-Degree Seeking' student. To do so, contact Academic Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request 'Non-Degree Seeking" student status.
- Any credits taken during the Winter term will not count toward your degree or be added to your final CTP if you are a non-degree seeking student.
- Any grades earned while a non-degree student during the Winter term will not be factored into your final GPA (BBA Only).
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for Financial Aid.
Applying for graduation does not obligate you to attend a Commencement ceremony. However, you can and may attend if you'd like. Students who are graduating within one semester of the Winter term (either fall before or summer after) are encouraged to participate in the event.
After completing final exams, you may have questions about what happens next. Please review the timeline below.
- Grades Submitted: Within 72 hours of final exams, professors submit final grades.
- Final Degree Audit: Ross Academic Services completes final degree audits and submits the approved list of graduates to the Registrar's Office. Final approvals are typically due to the Registrar's Office 3-4 weeks after the end of exams.
- Degree Conferral: The Registrar's Office confers degrees which are predated to reflect the last day of university exams during the given term. Sometimes students need to request a degree completion letter, certifying completion of program requirements in the time prior to degree conferral. You can request letters from Academic Services.
- Transcripts: Once degrees are conferred, you can order official transcripts through Wolverine Access. You can also learn about Official Electronic Transcripts.
- Diplomas: December graduates will receive their diplomas by mail in Mid-February, April graduates in Mid-June, and August graduates in October.
Contact Academic Services at 734-647-4933 or email@example.com with any questions regarding graduation.