Attention incoming Full-Time Day MBA students: Please see this webpage for new waiver instructions.
- Waiver Information: Full Instructions Document
- Evening Core Details: See more details on specific courses that can be waived.
- Core Course Waiver Request Form: This is a 'read-only' Word Document. Please save the document to your computer, complete, and submit to our office as an e-mail attachment accompanied by the required documentation (email@example.com).
- Waiver Exam Schedule: Email RossRegistrarsOffice@umich.edu as soon as possible to express interest in waiving FIN 551 or TO 501.
- Waiver Exam FAQ
- Evening MBAs may take the Communication Waiver Exam at any point during their education in the program (exam offered once per year prior to the beginning of the Fall term in July/August).
- Effective Fall 2014, no BBA core courses may be waived.
- Achieving excellence at the undergraduate level does not necessarily equate to competence at the graduate level. Prior to waiving a core course, please carefully consider your understanding of course topics. Although you may have been exposed to material in previous study, it may be beneficial to enroll in the full MAcc core for in-depth coverage of material.
- Please review respective course descriptions to assess whether your academic background significantly duplicates the material covered. Additionally, consider your CPA exam education requirements prior to submitting a core course waiver form.
- MAcc courses eligible for waiver include:
- Fall A:
ACC 601: Accounting Information Systems
ACC 561: (ctd. Fall B) Federal Taxation I
- Fall B:
ACC 561: (ctd. Fall A) Federal Taxation I
Note: ACC 630: Auditing and Assurance may not be waived.
- To apply for a course waiver, complete a Core Course Waiver Request Form . This is a ‘read only’ Word Document. Please save the document to your computer, complete and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org as an e-mail attachment accompanied by the required documentation. Course waiver exams are not available for MAcc courses.
- If one core course waiver is granted, course hours must be replaced with an additional core elective. If additional waivers are granted, the hours must be replaced with elective study.
Please note: the deadline to apply for a course waiver is the first day of class in Fall term.
- Ross School Academic Calendar: http://www2.bus.umich.edu/MyiMpact/academics/academic-calendar
- University Class Schedule Page: http://www.umich.edu/~regoff/schedule/
- University Registrar's Office: http://www.umich.edu/~regoff/
- Wolverine Access: https://wolverineaccess.umich.edu