If you are a current BBA student who is planning to apply for dual degrees, the following information will guide you on your next steps. NON-ROSS STUDENTS: If you have not yet been admitted to Ross, you are not eligible to apply for a dual degree with Business.
Completing each of the following steps will prepare you to apply for dual degrees:
1. Obtain admittance to both the Ross School of Business and a program in another School/College of your choice.
2. Review the information and decision-making aids for Prospective BBA Dual Degree Students.
3. Familiarize yourself with your preferred dual degree. Acquaint yourself with the designated requirements, details, and course planning template, customized for each dual degree program. By mapping out how and when you would earn your degrees, these resources are critical tools for helping you understand what is required for you, individually, to pursue dual degrees. Please note: the planning documents do not replace the degree audit that is used to officially verify degree progress.
4. Begin preparing your customized course plan. Preparing a personalized course plan accomplishes the following:
Provides an itemized accounting of all requirements to be fulfilled for both degree programs
Delineates in which terms those required courses/credits either have been or are expected to be completed
Considers the necessity of taking Spring and/or Summer term courses
Maps out individual and overall course loads per term for balance and manageability
Estimates anticipated graduation date
5. Consider, very carefully, the commitment involved. Please do not underestimate the importance of this step! If you decide that dual degrees are right for you, please proceed to the application steps below.
Working through the preparation steps listed above lays the necessary groundwork for the dual degree application process. Your next steps are as follows:
Meet with an advisor.
Discuss your plans with an advisor in both Ross and your other degree program if you have any questions or concerns. Schedule an appointment with one of our dual degree advisors on iMpact by selecting "BBA Dual Degree Advising/Issues".
Complete a course plan.
Finalize your course plan by using one of the course planning tools, customized for each dual degree program:
Complete an application form.
Fill in the application form and obtain the necessary signatures from your other degree program.
- Submit the following to your Ross dual degree advisor:
Completed course plan. You may email your course plan to the BBA dual degree advisor who is working with you.
Completed and signed application form. If approved, your BBA dual degree advisor will sign the application after it has been submitted and reviewed.
Schedule a "BBA Dual Degree Advising/Issues" advising appointment or email your academic advisor.