Specifics regarding dual degrees with the School of Music, Theatre & Dance (SMTD) and the Ross School of Business appear below. For more general information about dual degrees, including overall dual degrees requirements and application procedures, please refer to Ross's web pages for Prospective Students, Applicants, and Declared Dual Degree Students.
Complete all BBA degree requirements:
- 58 Bus Ad credits (minimum), including core, capstone, and electives (see curriculum)
54 non-Bus Ad credits
- Three of four distribution area requirements. Refer to the LSA Course Guide to see if a course meets the requirements for a distribution area. Ross does not accept AP credits towards distribution.
- Humanities Distribution (HU): 9 credits
- Natural Sciences (NS) and/or Mathematical and Symbolic Analysis (MSA): 9 credits
- Social Sciences (SS): 9 credits (excluding Econ 101 & 102)
- Foreign Language Proficiency: Fourth-term proficiency in a foreign language is determined by successful completion of a proficiency examination administered by UM, or by completion of a fourth-semester college-level foreign language course. AP coursework which meets fourth-term proficiency fulfills this requirement. See the LSA Bulletin for further details.
Maintain minimum GPA requirements (check with your advisor in both schools for minimum requirements).
Students may choose either the Ross School of Business or the School of Music, Theatre & Dance as their Home School.
Students pursuing dual degrees may share a maximum of 9.0 credits of business courses needed to meet BBA degree requirements towards the requirements of the non-business major, per approval.
Students pursuing an academic minor may share a maximum of 3.0 credits of business courses needed to meet BBA requirements towards the requirements of the academic minor.
Consult with your academic advisor(s) for specific policies within your non-business major or minor.
BBA degree advising is provided by a Dual Degree Advisor in the Ross Office of Undergraduate Programs
SMTD advising is provided by a SMTD Advisor
Students will not graduate until an advisor from each degree program confirms completion of all necessary degree requirements.
Download and complete the degree checklist and cousre planning tool to determine how and when you will complete your dual degrees.
Use the Dual Degrees Application when you are ready to declare your dual degrees. Be sure to indicate your desired Home School.
Schedule an appointment to discuss your questions with your Ross Academic Advisor.