Apple's latest operating system, 10.8 (Mountain Lion), was released on July 25, 2012. You must first change a security setting before you can proceed with the printer installation and configuration. The steps below will guide you.
Step One: Changing the security setting
- Open the Apple menu by clicking the icon in the upper-left corner of your screen
- Click on System Preferences
- From the top row, select Security & Privacy
- In the bottom right corner, click the padlock and type in your Mac password, if prompted
- Choose the Anywhere option
Click Allow From Anywhere, if prompted
Once you do this, your screen should resemble the following:
Step Two: Install the print driver
- Download and install the print driver, located here.