As an incoming student, there are things helpful to have in place Before You Arrive on campus, as well as steps to complete After You Arrive.
Before You Arrive
Create your uniqname and set your password
Before clicking the link below, make sure you:
- Have already sent in your Enrollment Reply Form (with deposit for the Full-Time program if applicable) and allowed two weeks for receipt and processing.
- Have your UMID at hand, which is found in your Admissions letter. You will need to use it for the uniqname request process.
- Have your One-Time Identifier (OTID) at hand. The ten-character OTID is sent to you after you return your enrollment form. You will use your OTID with your UMID for the uniqname request process.
- Contact the ITS Campus Support Desk phone (734) 764-HELP if you do not have your OTID and it has been at least two weeks since you mailed your enrollment form.
Please note the following:
- Once you have created a uniqname, please be sure to continue the process to create the password at that time. If you create a uniqname then stop the process before creating a password, you will need to call the ITS Accounts office to set your password.
- Your One Time ID can only be used once to successfully create one uniqname. In case of failure, you can re-use the same OTID until successful.
- If you have misplaced your OTID, policies do not allow ITCS to reissue an OTID via e-mail. Students must call 764-8000, option #1 to get an OTID reissued.
Click here to begin the process
Take a tour of iMpact
My iMpact is our webportal for everything you need at the Ross School of Business. Watch the Five Minute Tour videos to learn how to find your way around My iMpact and everything it has to offer!
Update your iMpact Personal Profile
iMpact users such as other students, faculty, our web recruiters, and our administrative staff will use your Personal Profile information to contact you, so you will want to be sure your Profile is correct and up to date. You may need to update this information again after you arrive on campus since your address, phone number and e-mail will probably change. Use the menu items on the left menu bar in "Personal Profile" to update the various fields. For name and education changes, contact our Admissions office.
Obtain a recent generation laptop computer
See the Purchase Your Laptop page for details. Allow ample time for ordering and shipping.
Check out the Services section (in the menu above)
From email to file storage to web video conferencing, there are a number of technology tools available to help you at Ross. Learn about the resources available at the University of Michigan and the Ross School of Business.
After You Arrive
Get your M-Card (your student ID)
Contact the Admissions Office for details.
Configure your laptop for use in our environment
Ensure your iMpact Personal Profile is correct and up to date
Before You Leave
Determine what resources you can continue to use
Usually, when you leave the community your access to the computing resources go away. However, under certain circumstances that's not true. Find out where you fit, here.
Update your contact information in your iMpact Personal Profile
By updating your Personal Profile, you will ensure your colleagues can keep in touch with you.
Services To Go
Check out the Alumni Relations web site
Alumni Relations maintains a web site at the Alumni Community page. Visit this site regularly to learn about alumni services and events. In addition, Alumni Relations provides alumni with many electronic services via our website’s Alumni section.
Use the Alumni Directory
Alumni can contact members of our alumni community all over the world via our online directory in iMpact. You can identify alumni by class, degree, program, city, country, career area and industry. Keep your contact information up to date so others can find you! If you discover that any alumni contact information is out of date, please notify Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 763-5775.
Join an Alumni Club
Each of our alumni city clubs has a web page that details club membership, upcoming events and much more. Access this information at the Alumni Relations website at the Alumni Community page. If you are interested in attending an alumni club event, contact Alumni Relations at email@example.com or call (734) 763-5775. If you have questions or need additional information about a particular city that you are relocating to or visiting, please get in touch with the club contact listed on that web page.
Access Kresge Library Resources
Databases that alumni may use are listed at the AlumniServices page.