Step One: Install the print driver
- Download and install the print driver, located here
Step Two: Add the printer
- Open the Apple menu by clicking the icon in the upper-left corner of your screen
- Click System & Preferences, and then click the Print & Scan icon (on some systems this may be displayed as Print & Fax)
Click the + button to add a printer
Hold the Control key on your keyboard and click the toolbar, then choose Customize Toolbar
Drag the Advanced button to the toolbar, then click Done
- Click on the Advanced button you just added to the toolbar
- Choose "Windows" from the Type dropdown menu
- In the URL field, type: smb://bus-print1.adsroot.itcs.umich.edu/Ross-FollowU
In the Name field, type: Ross-FollowU
- In the Print Using field, select "Xerox WorkCentre 7655," or if you do not see this option, select "Select Printer Software..." and choose it from that list
An Installable Options window will appear; match the settings to the screenshot below
- A log-in window will appear; enter your uniqname and UM password, and click OK (if not, see the note below)
Setup is now complete!
You can print to Ross-FollowU whenever you are connected to the RossWirelessUM wireless network. The print job will be sent to a virutal "queue," and swiping your M-Card at any Xerox printer in the Ross building will allow you to release the document for printing at that station.
Note: If you get stuck on #12 and do not see a log-in window, go ahead and try to print something to the Ross-FollowU printer. Look for a bouncing printer icon on your Dock, and click it. Select your printer job, and click "Resume." This should force a log-in box to appear, allowing you to complete #12.