Classrooms in the EE and Ross Buildings come equipped with:
- Easy to use Crestron touch panels to control the room systems
- Networked computers with Microsoft Windows 7
- Wireless PowerPoint clicker in addition to the standard mouse
- DVD player
- Document camera
- Wireless Lavaliere Microphone connected to room sound system
- Doceri software for iPad screen control/annotation
- Turning Point software for audience response (receivers available for checkout from CS)
- Dual projectors and Monitors (screens)*
- Adjustable Lectern*
- Mediasite lecture capture system
Using the Classroom Equipment
The classroom computer on the instructor's desk is connected to the Internet and Ross network (including private files and network folders) via an Ethernet connection. Login is required with a uniqname and password.
To project a laptop: Connect the cable in the instructor's desk to the display port and use the Crestron touch screen control to select the laptop display. Most laptops require a keyboard command, such as Function + F8, to send the display signal through the display cable. The keyboard command will vary by laptop make and model.
Reservations and Support
Classroom reservations, equipment and audio/visual reservations are handled by contacting the Facilities Office.
Computing Services has dedicated Classroom Support staff who can assist with instructional and classroom technology support needs. Contact them via email (RossClassroomSupport@umich.edu) or phone (734-615-7274) for the following:
- Emergency troubleshooting during class to help with technology issues that may arise
- Assistance with learning to use classroom equipment
- Assistance with software evaluation, selection and installation in classrooms