This page contains instructions on how a guest without a uniqname can access the GuestFTP portion of the R: drive. You can use this method to share files with a colleague if you're unable to use other methods like email, Box, or Google Docs. Before sharing this page, please upload the file or files you wish to share to the R:\Public\GuestFTP location.
Guests: please follow the instructions below to retrieve or upload a file.
- Open the Internet Explorer web browser
- Go to Tools, Internet Options, and click the Advanced tab
Be sure "Enable FTP Folder View" is selected (as seen below)
- Click OK
- Navigate to ftp://email@example.com
- When prompted, enter bus-guestftp as a username; Ross-FTW as a password
Once logged in, for the best experience select "Windows Explorer" mode from the View menu (as seen below)
Colleagues using the GuestFTP credentials can also upload a file for you using the same web address and password. Once in "Windows Explorer" mode, uploading is as easy as dragging and dropping the file.
Things you should know
- If the files you need to share contain confidential information, please consider alternative means of sharing.
- R:\Public\GuestFTP is a temporary "swap" location. Only use this space to transfer files, not to store them.
- Any file that has not been accessed (read, modified, or created) within 30 days will be automatically deleted.
- Since this is a shared directory, you are responsible for managing your files and making sure sensitive files are deleted after they are retrieved.