Use the links below to access specific forms needed for various activities. Be sure to complete all fields and contact Academic Services if you have any questions regarding their completion.
Some of these forms are writable pdf documents! To complete them electronically, save the document to your computer, type into the available fields, save, and email the document as an attachment directly to email@example.com. Otherwise, all forms should be printed, completed by hand and delivered to Academic Services.
- Independent Study Projects: Business School students may choose to do individual or group Study Projects for course credit, under guidelines outlined in the program Bulletins. Graduate level projects are numbered 750; undergraduate projects are numbered 399. These projects are coordinated with a sponsoring faculty member and approved by the Department Chair person as well as the appropriate Associate Dean. Tuition will be charged for the term in which the student is registered for coursework.
- Step 1: Read the directions (which include process, registration notes, and guidelines) for applying for an Independent Study course, noting the restrictions on student eligibility and types of projects. (Pages 1 and 2)
- Step 2: Complete the application form (Page 3). When you have the necessary signatures (see form), bring the paperwork to Academic Services for registration processing. Note that page 4 is the template for your project cover page.
- Our office will no longer be using a Late Drop Request Form, as this has moved to an electronic process. Students who need to late add or late drop a class should do so through their Student Center in Wolverine Access.
- BBA Transfer Credit: Preliminary Evaluation Form: This form is required for current BBA students considering non-U of M course work during their BBA program.
- Petition for Distribution Exception: This form is required for current BBA students who have a transfer course they wish to have reviewed for purposes of fulfilling a distribution requirement.
- Foreign Language Credit Form: Graduate students taking Undergraduate level foreign language classes need to complete this form to receive credit.
- Core Course Waiver Request Form: This is a "read-only" Word Document. Please save the document to your computer, complete and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org as an e-mail attachment, along with any supporting documentation for your waiver request.
- Process for Student Disputes with Instructors: This document formalizes the process for handling student disputes with instructors (e.g., grade disputes). Note that all grade disputes must be initiated within 15 business days of the grade being posted on Wolverine Access.
Letter Request Forms
To request one of the letters below, please complete this form and submit to Academic Services in W3700 or via email at email@example.com.
- Degree Completion: Indicates that all degree requirements have been completed and degree will be conferred on a specific date. DO NOT REQUEST UNTIL ALL GRADES HAVE BEEN POSTED in your final term. International students may use for H-1B Visa Application.
**Enrollment and Graduation Verification are provided by the Central Campus Office of the Registrar. Requests can be made using their Certification Form. Questions? Call 734.647.3507 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Students Only:
- OPT Enrollment Verification: Proof of program enrollment and date of expected graduation. For OPT application.
- Reduced Course Load: Proof that the current term will be the final term for you to complete your academic program, allowing you to be enrolled in less than a full course load. For RCL application.
- **Commencement Invitations for international students inviting foreign guests or family members to commencement can be requested by completing the following form. The University of Michigan will provide a letter of invitation to assist graduates whose guests need to apply for a visa in order to attend their student's commencement ceremony. The letter from the University will be mailed to the graduate (address must be within the United States), who can then forward it to their guests for use in documenting their visa request. Please allow four weeks to receive the letter.
Processing of all letter requests requires a minimum of two business days.
File Request Forms
Petitioning an Academic Policy
Ross policies are established by the Ross faculty as standards for the entire student population. In rare cases, students will sometimes request consideration for an exception to policy if their unique situation or extenuating circumstance may warrant a policy exception. Each request for an exception is reviewed on its own merit, yet uses guidelines to ensure equity and consistency in the decision process. Students must schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor prior to submitting a petition to the Ross Academic Standards Committee to discuss the concern.
ROSS ACADEMIC STANDARDS COMMITTEE
The Ross Academic Standards Committee is made up of Directors from Academic Services, the Office of Undergraduate Programs or MBA Program Office, and Academic Advising. The committee reviews petitions related to academic policies, as well as requests for leaves of absence from the program. Students should always discuss their concern or request in person with their Academic Advisor prior to submitting a petition to the committee. Petitions should be thoughtful and well documented; additional information or documentation may be requested as needed. During the Fall and Winter semesters, petitions will be reviewed within 5-10 business days