II. Degree Details
IV. Degree Forms
Specifics regarding dual degrees with Sport Management and Business appear below. For more general information about dual degrees, including overall dual degree requirements and application procedures, please refer to Ross's web pages for Prospective Students, Applicants, and Declared Dual Degree Students.
Complete all BBA degree requirements, including:
45 Bus Ad credits (minimum), including core, electives, and LHC 305 or LHC 306
54 non-Bus Ad credits
Three of the following four requirements:
- Humanities Distribution (HU): 9 credits
- Natural Sciences (NS) and/or Mathematical and Symbolic Analysis (MSA): 9 credits
- Social Sciences (SS): 9 credits (excluding Econ 101 & 102)
- Foreign Language Proficiency: Fourth-term proficiency in a foreign language is determined by successful completion of a proficiency examination administered by U-M, or by completion of a fourth-semester college-level foreign language course. AP course work which meets fourth-term proficiency fulfills this requirement. See the LSA Bulletin for further details.
120 total credits (minimum) of coursework considered acceptable for BBA degree credit. This may include credits from Bus Ad courses, LSA courses and School of Kinesiology courses indicated on the approved list found in the BBA Bulletin. School of Kinesiology classes not on the approved list are excluded from this total.
Note: School of Kinesiology courses that are not on the approved list in the BBA Bulletin may be taken by non-dual degree students on a "not for credit" basis. Students who declare, and then graduate, as Kinesiology/BBA dual degree students may, however, take these classes for credit. While these courses will not count towards the 120 credits of coursework considered acceptable for BBA degree credit, they will count towards the 150 total credits required for the dual degrees. In the event that the dual degrees are discontinued by dropping the Sport Management degree, any credits earned from these classes will be revoked since they are not accepted for the BBA degree.
Complete all Sport Management degree requirements, including:
- Prerequisite courses
- Sport Management required courses
- Sport Management electives
- Distribution courses
Maintain minimum 2.0 cumulative Bus Ad grade point average.
Complete 150 total credits (minimum).
Sport Management is the only program within the School of Kinesiology that is eligible for dual degrees with Business.
Students apply to the Second Level of the Sport Management program during their BBA sophomore year. Once admitted to the Second Level, students may then apply for dual degrees. For more information, click here.
Students may choose either the Ross School of Business or the School of Kinesiology as their Home School.
Students pursuing dual degrees may share a maximum of 9.0 credits of business courses needed to meet BBA degree requirements towards the requirements of the non-business major, per approval.
Students pursuing an academic minor may share a maximum of 3.0 credits of business courses needed to meet BBA requirements towards the requirements of the academic minor.
Consult with your academic advisor(s) for specific policies within your non-business major or minor.
Students will not graduate until an advisor from each degree program confirms completion of all necessary degree requirements.
BBA degree advising is provided by a BBA Dual Degree Advisor.
- Use the BBA Dual Degrees Checklist and Course Planning Tool to determine how and when you will complete your dual degrees.
- Use the Dual Degrees Application when you are ready to declare your dual degrees. Please be aware that additional details can be found on the reverse side. Be sure to indicate your desired Home School.
Inquiries may be directed to Ross Academic Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.