I. Before you apply
II. How to apply
NON-ROSS STUDENTS: If you have not yet been admitted to Ross, you are not eligible to apply for a dual degree with Business.
ROSS STUDENTS: If you are a Ross student who is serious about applying for a dual degree, the following information will guide you on your next steps.
I. Before you apply
Completing each of the following steps will prepare you to apply for a dual degree:
1. Obtain admittance to both the Ross School of Business and a program in another School/College of your choice.
2. Review the information and decision-making aids for Prospective BBA Dual Degree Students.
3. Familiarize yourself with your preferred dual degree. Acquaint yourself with the designated requirements, details, and course planning template, customized for each dual degree program. By mapping out how and when you would earn your degrees, these resources are critical tools for helping you understand what is required for YOU, individually, to pursue a dual. Please note: the planning documents do not replace the degree audit that is used to officially verify degree progress.
4. Begin preparing your customized course plan. Preparing a personalized course plan accomplishes the following:
- Provides an itemized accounting of all requirements to be fulfilled for both degree programs
- Delineates in which terms those required courses/credits either have been or are expected to be completed
- Considers the necessity of taking Spring and/or Summer term courses
- Maps out individual and overall term loads for balance and manageability
- Estimates anticipated graduation date
- Additional planning resources would include your unofficial transcript (available from Wolverine Access) and the Ross Degree Requirements
5. Consider, very carefully, the commitment involved. Please do not underestimate the importance of this step! If you decide that a dual degree is right for you, please proceed to the application steps below.
Working through the preparation steps listed above lays the necessary groundwork for the dual degree application process. Your next steps are as follows:
Meet with an advisor.
Discuss your plans with an advisor in both Ross and your other degree program if you have any questions or concerns. Advising appointments with the BBA Dual Degree Advisor can be made on iMpact by selecting "BBA Dual Degree Advising/Issues".
Complete a course plan.
Finalize your course plan by following the directions located on the appropriate template, customized for each dual degree program:
Complete an application form.
Fill in the application form and obtain the necessary signatures from your other degree program:
Submit the following to Ross Academic Services in E2420:
Completed course planning template
- Alternatively, you may email your course planning template to your BBA Dual Degree Advisor.
Completed and signed application form
- If approved, your BBA Dual Degree Advisor will sign the application after it has been submitted and reviewed.
- Completed course planning template
Inquiries can be directed to Academic Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.